This is the last thing I made for the Kids Clothes Week Challenge. Sorry I'm a day behind schedule in posting, but I had to skip last Friday due to uncooperative models :)
The pants are chocolate brown velveteen, made using Rae's Big Butt Baby Pants pattern (in case you haven't bought it yet, do it now - it's great! They really fit well over P's cloth diapers). I added bias bound pockets to both sides.
The shirt is yet another variation on the versatile peasant shirt that you've seen so many times here before. I just cut a slit at the front neckline (I used a small facing), added ties and a little patch. I did go the extra mile and bind the wrist hems instead of doing an elastic casing though. Oooooh, fancy!
The pockets are semi-fake. They open at the top, not at the flap. This way I didn't have to do two layers, which would've been really bulky.
I just love the way this looks on P. The velveteen will be perfect for the colder months, and though the soft floral cotton was only €5/meter, I think it looks like a Liberty print. Gotta love that!