To continue (or start?) a tradition, we’re back this year with another edition of Crafty Things We’re Thankful For. Or, Crafty Things For Which We Are Thankful, if you, like Adrianna, are a member of the Grammar Police.
The #1 thing that we are both thankful for this year is our super de duper awesome followers, lurkers, commenters, and bloggy friends. We just love you guys. You always leave such nice and encouraging comments and really let us know that we’re not talking to ourselves. We try to respond to comments made by people with email addresses, but sometimes life just piles up and we don’t get a chance. But we definitely read (and often reread) each and every single comment. We also love discovering your blogs and seeing what you’re up to, crafty-wise. So, thanks for making this a dialogue rather than a monologue.
Adrianna is thankful for:
– the fact that most projects don’t have a deadline. I’m rounding the year mark on the projects I said I would start last December with materials I received for my birthday. Thank you for not pestering me about them :)
– the fact that some projects do. A few of my favorite projects this year were from the Carefree Clothes for Girls sew-a-long, and would probably not have been made otherwise.
– my serger! Used on approximately 98% of the things I made in the last year. (The other 2% were made when my serger was on the fritz.)
– not living in the United States. But just in this instance. Because if I did, I probably would not ever sew. Did you know you could get the cutest little girl clothes ever at Target for like $4? But I would probably craft more. I got about 20 craft ideas in each aisle of Michaels.
– wovens not fraying when cut on the bias. I just think that’s cool.
– Oliver + S. I think it’s been a week or two since I last proclaimed my love. Just don’t want our relationship to grow stale.
Susan is thankful for:
– the fact that Adrianna has not divorced me. You know, in a craft bloggy relationship sense. It’s been a rough
few six months, and she’s put up with my craft slackerness and general whining about packing, unpacking, sorting, renovating, reorganizing and surviving while baby daddy travels.
– a return to the US that means I now have any craft or sewing supply I cold ever need within a five mile radius. I’m certainly glad I got to renew my interest in sewing while living abroad, but it’s nice to not feel like I have to stock everything myself just in case I might want to use it and have to wait weeks to get it. And in theory I can send fun things to A. Umm… once I renew my relationship with the post office. But that’s a New Year’s resolution post.
– thrift stores. Returning to the states also means I have found lots of things to refashion or repurpose. You’ll see more of that in the coming year, for sure!
– Spoonflower. I’m still amazed by all of the possibilities for designers that digital printing offers.
– the readers that think I’m funny. I’m quite clear on the fact that my sense of humor does not resonate with everyone. I’m always nervous when I post something that I think is funny. And the people that comment and voice appreciation make my day.
And while this is ostensibly a list of crafty things we’re thankful for, we would be remiss if we did not thank God for blessing us with our wonderful husbands, children, families, and friends. And Target.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!