It's the most wonderful time of the year! Well, after the stress of getting my own Christmas cards ordered and distributed is over, that is. After that, it's all oohing and aaahing over my mailbox everyday.
I just love Christmas cards. I save them all. I have favorites. I look at them constantly throughout the season and then pull them out the next year and the year after that. A very privileged one stays on my fridge all year round (holla J&X!) Living overseas especially, it's important to stay connected to our friends and family and this is such a fun way to do it. I love seeing everyone's card choices each year and the creative (and sometimes funny) photography.
So, when Minted contacted us to do a little review of their new holiday cards for the season, I was all up on that.
We haven't had our picture taken for our card yet (um, yeah, gotta get that done soon!), so I just threw in some pics of my baby girl nearly a year ago! wahh wahhh. (Photos are all courtesy of the amazingly talented Jennifer Fitzsimmons.)
Here's what I found when I was playing around on their site (besides our card for this year!):
1. Absolutely gorgeous, simple, and unique designs. I'm featuring a few of my favorites throughout this post, but it was seriously hard to limit myself!
2. Highly customizeable options. You can change the location of the components on the card, the color, the font size and type, and the words themselves. Do you prefer a full-blown "Merry Christmas", "Happy Chanukah", or "Merry Festivus" instead of the non-committal and generic "happy holidays"? Me too. You can make that happen.
3. Photography tools. You can zoom in, zoom out, reposition, make the color sepia or black and white, and rotate.
4. High quality printing, heavy cardstock, and a matte finish. No flimsy, shiny, or cheap stuff here. You'll pay a little extra for the quality, but I always consider Christmas cards to be an investment. I'll appreciate saving these nice ones to string up into a garland when the kids have all flown the nest, I'm sure.
5. Details. You can add a personalized touch to many cards by changing the border to be a rounded square, a scalloped edge, a circle, or other fun shapes. You can also choose to have additional photos and text on the back of the card, or a nice print. Choose your envelope type and add a liner. You can even have them print your return address in the location of your choice to save you a little work.
6. Great customer service. Your finished card will be proofed by an actual human being for errors and layout issues before printing. You can chat with a customer service rep online for a quick answer.
7. And of course, it's not just for holiday cards! Minted has everything from wedding invitations to business cards for moms. (and rumor has it that they'll soon be offering party decor too!)
So go check them out! Yes, I'm being compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own, and I was a big fan before they approached us. In fact, I chose Minted for my birth announcements for baby J last year and I was very impressed with the quality of their product and service. Want to see what I chose?
Ok, I'll admit it - between browsing all the gorgeous card designs and seeing the brand new face of my little nugget on them, this was a pretty fun post to write. I dare you to head over to Minted and not be totally overwhelmed with options.