De-Rainbow-fication. Yeah, it's a word.
Yesterday I finished derainbowfying P's dress. If you remember, the originals looked like this:
And now P's looks like this:
Unfortunately, I had a very uncooperative model, so I snapped these pictures really quickly before realizing I was in manual mode and hadn't changed my camera settings. So they're way overexposed (random photography tip: it's much better to under-expose than over-. Shadows hold a lot more "information" from your picture than highlights.)
These will give you a better idea of the colors:
All I did was shirr the front and back bodice and add floral bias binding to the neck and arm hems. I really love this dress now. Today I'm working on Z's dress, so I'll show you the results tomorrow.