These are now the go-to coloring tools at our house. For a number of reasons:
1) They don't roll. So I'm not picking them up off of the floor as often. Or stepping on them as often because I've failed to notice that they've rolled on to the floor. Or faaaar under something that I don't care to climb under for retrieval.
2) They're washable. This is a must at our house. It's still surprising to me how many crayons aren't. I know this makes me completely uppity and plenty of moms say "crayons weren't washable when I/my kids were little and we did just fine." Yes, many crayons marks can be removed even if the crayons aren't "washable". But some can't. And if (really, it's just a matter of time) one goes through the washer or dryer somehow? Fooooorget it. I'm sticking to washable.
3) There's no paper wrapper. Not only does that make them neater since my kids like to tear the paper off for fun, but that makes them more readily useful for rubbings and coloring large areas with the side of the crayon.
4) They don't break easily. They're solid, but not so solid that they don't color well.
5) They come in a cute and sturdy snap-closed case that doesn't pop open when you're traveling or moving things from place to place. Or when a kid yanks the case off of the table.
6) Both my nearing-two-year-old and 4+-year-old can use these happily. Easy to hold, easy to share.
7) Because of #1, #4 and #5, after several months of use, they're all STILL HERE. We haven't lost any yet. We've used them lots and there's still lots of use left. I really can't believe they still look so new.
I'm thinking of stocking up on them and then making DIY coloring books for little friends' birthday parties.
So.... the only downside is that they don't come in an assortment of 72,000 colors and glitters and metallics and stuff. I can live with that.