The pattern is the Oliver + S bubble dress. Adrianna gave it to me a very long time ago and I fiiiinally got to work on it. The instructions were pretty straightforward. I just don't love working with patterns. I think I've been spoiled by downloadable pdf patterns. I like being able to print and cut out exactly what I need. This pattern being a little more elaborate than most pdf options, I did get to try a few new-to-me techniques in the process and learned from doing it. Which is, I think, exactly why Adrianna chose to share her love affair with me. After I got past wrangling all of the pattern tissue paper, I was glad she did.
I made a 2T and a 5T. K is in the too-big-for-a-4-and-too-small-for-a-5 spot. So hers has some room to grow in the bodice. The skirt feels like it's a bit on the short side for her, but even with all of the running, jumping, hopping and egg snatching she did, there were no undies-sightings. Not any that I saw, anyway.
The fabric is Girl Friday/Falling Flowers by Cosmo Cricket. Part of my fabric shopping last month.
The dresses are entirely matchy-matchy, but so far these girls don't seem to mind the occasional match-up. I'm enjoying that while it lasts. Their love for matchy-matchy is less about dresses and more about temporary tattoos, mosquito bites and band-aids.
I can't help but have a twinge (okay, pangs) of "they're growing up too fast". Must make more dresses while they can and will still wear them.