Sometimes it takes a deadline to get you to do something you’ve been wanting to do and just haven’t gotten around to doing.
I know that when I finally made myself sit down and design some handmade labels (and by handmade labels I mean, in this case, labels for items I make, not labels I made by hand) I was so very glad I did. So nice to be able to make it clear that I made it AND indicate which side should be facing the confused kid’s neck or rump. For a gift, it adds a detailed touch that makes the item all the more special.
Have you thought about labeling your own work? You might like this nudge into getting your design down. Here’s how:
- Design your own label.
- E-mail your design to us at email@example.com by Sunday, October 16 at 8 pm Eastern.
- Beginning on Monday, October 17, view the designs in the crafterhours Facebook album to vote for your favorites.
There will be FOUR winners. Two will be chosen by popular vote (the number of “likes”, which means each voter can vote for more than one but can only vote for each design once) and two will be chosen by our fantastic celebrity judges.
(Yes, there are still a few people in the world not on Facebook. It just happens to be the most accessible voting platform for large groups of entries. You don’t have to be in Facebook to enter, win, or see the designs. You only have to be on Facebook to vote.)
Who are the judges? If you’re dedicated readers like we are, you may know them as well from their photos as from their blog names.
And WHAT do you win? Well, beyond the obvious fame and prestige, you’ll win three yards of your own winning design, printed on any of the grosgrain ribbon options we talked about yesterday. There are two different sizes and seven different colors available for you to choose from.
Here are more particulars, which may be updated as we receive questions:
- your file should be a jpg or png.
- your design should be of the sort that would be used to label your own handmade item. Doesn’t matter what kind of handmade item. Clothing, quilt, pacifier clip, whatever you like. Feel free to write a description of how and where you’d use it and we’ll place that in the caption.
- each entrant may enter up to 3 designs.
- there are two widths available– 1 1/2″ and 2 1/4″. Doesn’t matter how it’s scaled, for printing TTG will fit the design to the width of ribbon you select. For judging purposes, the size doesn’t matter.
- feel free to tag yourself once the album is up.
- voting will close on Friday, October 21st at 8 pm Eastern U.S.
- winners will be announced on Monday, October 24 on crafterhours.
- entries will be included in the competition at the sole discretion of Susan and Adrianna. If we deem an entry somehow inappropriate, it’s out.
Are you in?
P.S. Want a button to add to your own blog? Here you are!