Another week, another totally updated Hey June pattern on sale for you! This time it’s the Union St. Tee!
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret – shhh. The Union St. Tee is my favorite pattern! But don’t tell my other patterns k? There are so many reasons I love this pattern, so let’s get started.
1. Options! Short sleeves! Long sleeves! Two lengths of in-between sleeves! So many sleeves! And of course, the biggest decision you’ll have to make – V-neck or scoop neck. The battle lines are drawn pretty evenly on that one. For me, it depends on the fabric and fit I’m going for. Generally I prefer my scoop neck tees to be more fitted and my V-necks to be looser. Which brings me to…
2. Different Size, Different Shirt! The Union St. Tee can cover all your tee needs just by changing the size. I’ve made myself a span of 3 sizes just based on the look I’m going for and the fabric I’m using. For reference, the me on the left is wearing an XS, and the me on the right is wearing a small.
3. Pattern Quality: The Union St. Tee pattern was good before, but it just got a makeover and now includes sizes XXS – 3XL! Which means you can even use it for kids starting at size 10/12! The neck bindings have two different lengths to use depending on the amount of stretch in your fabric to ensure a perfect fit every time. You can also choose to cut the neckbindings narrower for a more feminine look. The pattern also features a layer functionality so you can print only the size you need and a list to help you print only the pages you need! Nothing wrong with saving yourself a little ink and paper. The last page of the pattern is a copy shop version so you can have it printed on 36″ wide paper and not deal with taping.
4. Giant blank slate of possibility. The question isn’t what can you do with a blank t-shirt, it’s what CAN’T you do? Paint, stencil, applique, sequin, dye, iron-on, or even artfully rip your shirt. Nobody’s stopping you. Or just make it with one of those really fun knit prints you’ve been hoarding! (don’t pretend you haven’t.)
5. Value! Considering the fact that the Union St Tee is such a workhorse and can be used innumerable ways, the regular price of $10 is a steal. But right now you can get it for only $7 using code “UNION7”! Sale ends Sunday 4/19 at midnight MST.
Once again, if you’ve purchased this pattern in the past, you should’ve received an updated copy. If you bought it from another vendor or think it went to your spam, just email me your receipt and I’ll send you a copy.