I made this romper from a pottery barn pillow case. This is the front:
This is the back:
And moving right along, here’s your obligatory blogger detail shot:
Let’s hurry through the cute baby modeled shots now…
After only 3 years, 3 different snap setting tools, and bags and bags of wasted snaps: SUCCESS! This is by far my greatest achievement (sorry kiddos).
Want to know how I did it? Here are some pointers.
Don’t use this:
Definitely don’t use this:
Use the correct size of this, not one that is meant for eyelets:
Here’s a handy guide to help you remember:
But if that was too complicated, here’s a simplified version:
And for our illiterate followers, just in case:
Everyone got that now?
Follow any number of the fantastic snap setting tutorials on the internets if you need further help. But really, with the right equipment, these snaps practically snap themselves. Which means I’m an even bigger idiot for not figuring it out until now.
Now be prepared to see every thing I make close with snaps. I’m throwing my velcro away. Sweet sweet victory.
ps: my tool of choice is called the “hammer tool” and it comes inside certain packages of snaps, like this one made by Dritz. The reason it took me 3 years to use one is because it is readily available at stores like Walmart and Joanns in the states, but hard to find online or overseas. This one says it includes the tool, but doesn’t show it, so you’ll have just have to take Amazon’s word for it.